An official site for the event calling for a “24-hour occupation of public space in protest of the Trump administration’s refusal to Honor the Constitution of the United States of America,” was created. The strike also has a social media presence with a Facebook event that has 23,000 interested and 14,000 committed to attending.
The “demands” of the strike listed on the event page are enumerated:
1. No Ban, No Wall. The Muslim ban is immoral, the wall is expensive and ineffectual. We will build bridges, not walls.
2. Healthcare For All. Healthcare is a human right. Do not repeal the ACA. Improve it or enact Medicare for All.
3. No Pipelines. Rescind approval for DAPL and Keystone XL and adopt meaningful policies to protect our environment. It’s the only one we’ve got.
4. End the Global Gag Rule. We cannot put the medical care of millions of women around the globe at risk.
5. Disclose and Divest. Show us your taxes. Sell your company. Ethics rules exist for a reason and presidents should focus on the country, not their company.
The strike is thus far tentatively scheduled for February 17 — the Friday before President’s Day — that may have originated with with writer David Simon, creator of The Wire. He tweeted about the idea last Saturday, two days before Prose’s piece appeared in The Guardian, reports SFist.
This website is dedicated to the little old lady that stopped me in my tracks.
The other day as I was going to put on my ice skates for some pond skating with friends, I saw a little old woman walking her dog, she seemed to be sniffling so I gave her a wide berth, but she saw me and spoke up. “Are you from Vermont?” she said, yes I replied. She said that she had moved to new Hampshire and did not live around here. Then she said, “didn’t we elect a republican Governor?”, yes I replied. “Oh good” she said, “did you know we have a republican in the white-house and he is a fighter.”
At this point, I decided she was old and would be better off dying of old age than being murdered by an ice skate to the throat. I said nothing and walked on.
My mind reels at what these people think might be happening, by electing such a person. What can their world look like?
What I can see is the complete undoing of all that I have worked for, most of my adult life. I see the greed, the anger, hatred, the aggressive nature of this undoing. It is completely and utterly over the top and must be stopped. Less than one month into a contested presidency we have an all out assault on the environment, the dismantling of the EPA, full speed ahead on all pipelines, attacking woman’s rights, ban on religious freedoms, skewing of the supreme court with right wing appointees,and appointment of all kinds of completely inappropriate people to critical positions in our country.
But what is even worse is the press are not calling out this president for these actions, and his lies. These are all impeachable offenses, in my book.
One cannot appoint people to positions with clear conflict of interest.
To be continued.